Jewelry is definitely a great choice for a gift. Though, if you need something special to express your love to your mom or dad, you may consider purchasing a family birthstone ring.
These stunning pieces of jewelry are also known as mother’s birthstone rings or father’s birthstone rings. Gemstones on the items typically represent the number of children (or other family members) with their birthdays.
When ordering a family birthstone ring, you should know the correct size, the shape of the gem the person would like, and how big stones he/she likes to wear.
Birthstones by Zodiac sign
Birthstones have been known since ancient times. The Egyptian Pharaohs used them as talismans and supposed they could protect them. People believed that the magical power and healing properties of these gems could affect character, fortune and health.
In those days birthstones were usually linked to the Zodiac.
- Aries (March 21st – April 20th) – bloodstone;
- Taurus (April 21st – May 20th) – sapphire;
- Gemini (May 21st – June 21st) – agate;
- Cancer (June 22d – July 22d) – ruby;
- Leo (July 23d – August 22d) – onyx;
- Virgo (August 23d – September 22d) – carnelian;
- Libra (September 23d – October 23d) – olive green Peridot;
- Scorpio (October 24th – November 22d) – Beryl;
- Sagittarius (November 23d – December 21st) –Topaz;
- Capricorn (December 22d – January 20th) – Ruby;
- Aquarius (January 21st – February 18th) – Garnet;
- Pisces (February 19th – March 20th) – Amethyst.
Birthstones can be also linked to calendar months. It is considered that each month of the year has its own unique gemstone, with its own characteristics and properties.
Men’s family birthstone rings
Despite the fact that birthstone family rings are mostly common among women, men’s options tend to be more and more popular today. Personalized men’s signet rings with birthstones would be a great gift item for any male member of your family.
The price of men’s family rings mostly depends on the material the piece is made out and the kind of gems. Pure gold and platinum jewelry usually costs a lot. If you need cheaper one, you may consider stylish silver, titanium or stainless steel unique men’s rings. They are usually available in different shapes and sizes at any jewelry store.
If you want the ring to be more personalized, you may have it engraved. The most common engravings are the family members’ names and short quotes about family. Be sure that your mom or dad will be proud of this wonderful gift and will never take it off!